- Business Growth – Needed to define a centralized process for planning that incorporated the sales plan with production capabilities to better manage margin.
- Business Efficiencies – 40,000+ hours annually were spent in the creation of the annual budget. Little time was available to analyze the plan or perform value-added re-forecasting.
- Business Effectiveness – Newly acquired companies had not been fully folded into the organization and the supply chain / operations procedure was not included in the planning and forecasting process.
- Define a Common Process – Across the organization, with limited unique capabilities for some Lines of Business
- Provided Detail Planning – For costing build up, including a Raw Material pricing and hedging model
- Integrated Sales Plan – With expense plans, operations plan, materials and inventory, as well as salary planning
Business Benefits From SAP BPC On HANA
- By reducing 50% of the annual planning process time, this Global Consumer Packaged Goods Producer was able to:
- Enable monthly re-forecast efforts
- Delivered end-to-end insight to how plans related between revenue, operations, and back office
- Identified certain customer relationships where contract terms were being missed, but pricing was not being adjusted, leaving margin on the table.
- Provided the company’s first ever robust Capital Planning solution to better manage spend and depreciation